Pentax Dilemma

I don't know why I always have issues with this camera, but I do. I am definitely more into digital. I am in love with my Canon Rebel XS. Using film is great and all, but I always screw a roll up somehow. This is the school camera, not my own. You get the camera for 48 hours at a time and I usually manage to screw up one roll every time. No idea how. Today I was shooting, on exposure 15 and then I just start hearing this awful grinding sound when I try winding it again after taking a shot. I didn't drop it, shake it, I am always very careful. I had to open it in order to get the film to work again so I could wind it back to take it out. Hopefully some of them came out. Ugh. I won't be sad when we finish our film unit. 

Although I have so much trouble with the cameras, I do enjoy printing and developing in the darkroom though. It always relieves stress when I'm having a bad day. I don't know what it is, but I love going through the process of developing and later printing them. There is something so much more satisfying about doing the process yourself instead of just loading it onto a computer and editing with photoshop.

I actually just wrote an article about how film is becoming obsolete. Wal-mart is closing their color photo processing center soon, which is my college's last place to get color film developed. We don't have our own color processing here, at least not much.

But that's my Pentax dilemma. I have to finish this shoot I'm doing by tomorrow at 5:30p.m. My film isn't coming til later in the afternoon. This will be fun. Maybe I'll post some of my prints when I get them back from my professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beer Pong & High Heels Design by Insight © 2009