My Retail Summer


I would like to say I've been shopping a lot at Target, but that would be a lie, kind of. I actually just work there in the fitting room. The days I'm not working at Target I spend working at Market Basket which is right down the street. It's hard to believe I worked nearly 20 hours just this weekend. Needless to say, my college life is far more exciting than my at home working life.

I am sorely missing school and counting down the days until I go back. Less than a month now. I'm going back a little early (thank god) because I am assistant photo editor next semester. It should be exciting, and work that is a little less dreary. I will take hours of color correcting images any day over folding clothes and dealing with customers that return old cheese.

I actually don't mind working for Target that much, of my boring retail jobs, this is definitely the best. I like my coworkers (though I'd probably get along even better if my spanish wasn't so bad) and we get free food sometimes. My other job at the supermarket is very boring. I work in customer service and deal with an exciting array of dissatisfied customers, or customers with gambling problems. The gamblers do give tips every once in a while which is nice, I guess.

But that's pretty much my summer thus far. I've gone to the beach once during the day, which is ridiculous because I live three minutes from the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beer Pong & High Heels Design by Insight © 2009